Fire started in ventilation system that was scheduled to be cleaned today!!! Wow. Kitchen exhaust cleaning is being put on the back burner by some restaurants struggling to stay above water in this economy. Now it will cost this owner a lot more than the price to have his vent hoods cleaned.
It was 2 years ago that a major restaurant grease fire changed how restaurant hood cleaning was regulated from then on. I think we hood cleaners need to think of these two fire-fighters every time we are feeling lazy about doing our jobs correctly. Somebody's life could be on the line.
Two years ago fire struck a restaurant in West Roxbury in the city of Boston. The fire rapidly advanced necessitating the striking of four alarms. Two Boston firefighters, Paul Cahill and Warren Payne, perished during the fire. The WatchDesk Post - http://www.watchdeskpost.com/